The Future of Resdayn
Start Fresh with a New World and Server 92%  92%  [ 12 ]
Let Resdayn Die and Upload World Files 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Try and Port an Existing World to a New Server 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Explain) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: The End of Resdayn
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:40 pm 

Also, I'm a really avid runecraft guy as you know, and I'd really like it if we could keep that plugin. That said, I am now quite familiar with the plugin and would be happy to mull over a list of OP runes (honestly, I'd be happy if just the building runes were left).

That's ahead of us though, if a new one can be opened...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:44 pm 

zrh5033 wrote:
I knew you paid to keep the server going but I had no idea it was that much money! I think the best bet would be to start anew in a new world in a smaller server and maybe with only one world instead of the three? I know for a fact that I rarely ever go to the jungle world when I can get on and when I am on very few people are in that world ever same thing with the Amplified world as much as I love my castle there and the scenery.

I do have a few ideas/suggestions if a New World is the route we take:
- Instead of building a new spawn since Resdayn has had 3(?) over the years, I suggest that we transfer the main bulk of Narsis over with some of the original districts (if possible) or maybe for the first week or two while the new world is active, specify districts, give each user a plot and creative and BOOM we can make a large city like NArsis but with everyone!
- To encourage the current players who have spent time building their homes, another suggestion (if possible) have them choose a home they want to transfer over (excluding grinders/farms/and mob spawners)
- Change how the Build Comps will be rewarded (more a personal gripe than server wide) Active players should have the better rewards as their own tier. Ex. Hawke builds a giant christmas tree for a Christmas build and wins the first prize: Civ V and all the Expansions (shout out to Hawke :D) Since he is active he gets that reward. Other example: RandomUser1234 joins because a friend tell them they can win Civ V as a first place prize. They enter, win and then leave and log on only to try to win steam games. Personally I do not think that that kind of situation should be rewarded the way it does.

Misc. Suggestions
- Voxelsniper, that is all ;D
- More British Pirate Representation

Not a fan of copying spawn over though. So many complaints of lag, getting lost, and generally it just didn't feel like a great spawn. I liked the old, smaller one better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:50 am 

wow...way to get people back....The End of The World...i log on about once a week now...new world idea sounds great. either way i am a Resdayneian for life..long live the Dark Elf Guy..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:44 pm 

I'll get a hold of Fry to make sure that she knows this is happening.

Don't call, though.

Seriously, don't call.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:15 pm 

I honestly think if we do have a reset we should take the chance to get rid of some plugins such as runecraft (sorry CIAC) as it does make it to op especially the spring string which allows you to fly faster than the admins in /fly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:43 pm 

I think cheese had an amazingly fantastic idea about uploading a youtube video featuring some of the server's best builds. I would like to propose that people can submit 3-5 of their favorite works (with coords) and dark makes a flyby of them with an acknowledgement of the creator (maybe voiced or printed somewhere on the screen), then puts the whole thing to elder scrolls music and loads it up to youtube. AND i think we should have a set time to be on, so all our little characters can get in the movie!

I don't watch youtube much, but I would love to see our server set to elder scrolls music. And then all of our stuff would kind of live on forever as we started the server anew. (if that is the path we take)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:41 pm 

Add me to the chorus: I had no idea it cost so much!

I vote to start again smaller. The server is amazing, and everyone is awesome! I just want to see people on when I try to log in, and I think a fresh start might help with that.

Edit: I love that idea hawke/cheese! I think Dark's computer/internet issues make that difficult/impossible at the moment, though; I mentioned to him that it would have been great to showcase builds in his most recent trailer, since seeing peoples' builds is a large part of the server's draw for me. I wonder if we have anybody else who could get some good video of builds for a trailer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 am 

Caroigne wrote:
Add me to the chorus: I had no idea it cost so much!

I vote to start again smaller. The server is amazing, and everyone is awesome! I just want to see people on when I try to log in, and I think a fresh start might help with that.

Edit: I love that idea hawke/cheese! I think Dark's computer/internet issues make that difficult/impossible at the moment, though; I mentioned to him that it would have been great to showcase builds in his most recent trailer, since seeing peoples' builds is a large part of the server's draw for me. I wonder if we have anybody else who could get some good video of builds for a trailer.

I can certainly record some stuff. I have a program that records smoothly, and I think my new computer is powerful enough to run shaders. I'll test it out.

Don't call, though.

Seriously, don't call.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:54 pm 

Shadow_Hopper wrote:
I honestly think if we do have a reset we should take the chance to get rid of some plugins such as runecraft (sorry CIAC) as it does make it to op especially the spring string which allows you to fly faster than the admins in /fly

Don't think you read what I wrote. I said remove the OP junk. I think runecrafts focus should be building anyways. I mostly think that if we could keep it, the only runes should be like toggle blocks, accelerator, etc. I could make a detailed list and explanation. I agree with what you said, but I don't think you understand what I wrote.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:13 pm 

I know Chris, Jen, and I haven't been around in a long time, but I still keep up with the server news feed. I'd hate to see it die. Sometimes starting new can be a lot of fun!