Start Fresh with a New World and Server 92%  92%  [ 12 ]
Let Resdayn Die and Upload World Files 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Try and Port an Existing World to a New Server 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Explain) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: The End of Resdayn
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:06 pm 

Shadow_Hopper wrote:
I honestly think if we do have a reset we should take the chance to get rid of some plugins such as runecraft (sorry CIAC) as it does make it to op especially the spring string which allows you to fly faster than the admins in /fly

Hahaha! No worries about the string on my end. I can change my flight speed now very easily! Other than tp'ing the speed I can go is faster than my very good laptop can render!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:25 pm 

ok so what has been decided..are we restarting the world brand new..no imports from old resdayn....just a spawn point in the middle of the map?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:37 pm 

That'd be my vote. Spawn doesn't have to be fancy - perhaps the admins could start a theme and then have some plots for players to set up shops? Irnot has good ideas for a shop system that encourages player trading over admin shops which would be good, if he has the time to put towards explaining it.

What ruined the last server for me was being too overpowered and not seeing players online anymore. That's why I think we should limit factors like most of the runecraft runes (like tools, fly, etc), admin shops, maybe some mccmo factors, etc. I trust in the judgement of the staff, though.

As for not seeing anyone, probably just important we all player our part. Players share the server with friends, and staff advertizes out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:31 pm 

It had been my intention to start fresh with a smaller server, but unfortunately I've just gotten some bad news from the bank, and it no longer looks like I'll be able to afford even a $30 a month server. Long story short, there were a number of unauthorized (or rather subscription-based payments that I hadn't realized were subscriptions) that ate a large chunk of my extra cash that I had stored for server purposes. As a result, I only have enough for basic services, which means the server will be shutting down after all. A download for the server backup will be made available via DropBox around December 29th, but fair warning it's 10gb in total size and un-packaged the main world is 20gb, jungle world is 9.5gb and velothi mountains is just under 1gb.

Wish I could give you guys some better news, but the money's just not there any more...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:50 pm 

Ah well, atleast you tried. Unfortanate luck, I'm sorry that happaned to you Dark.

I hope we all keep in touch through steam, atleast, so we can play togother in or outside of minecraft. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:58 am 

No... no... no... I cant even wrap my mind around this (im not lying this is extremely depressing!) If there is any way in the future the server can come back in any way shape or form let me know. I will be willing to contribute to raise us from the ashes. This is my one and only MC server I play on other than some sightseeung servers so its very hard to see it go but i understand entirely.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:08 am 

As soon as I read that, my heart just stopped. No way. Ironically, I was drinking orange juice and almost dropped my cup.

Well, everything ends. One way or another. Also, same as Zrh. It's Christmas Eve today, and I might get a few gift cards. I'll donate any time! My mom also loves Minecraft, and I'm sure she'll give a few dollars to help this server!

If anything I know of another small server, and it's in 1.7.2. I've been spending a lot of time on there after the inactiveness. It's called SheepServer.

It's been awesome playing with you guys. This is one of the first Minecraft servers I was very very into. I'd wake up every morning on weekends, turning on my computer, ready to play. Even in school, all I could think about was getting a few more diamonds for my personal stash. I even doodled a few Minecraft skins of you guys in my notebooks xD. (The teacher was NOT happy).

All I'm worried about is how I'm going to tell Fry and some of my other friends, but mainly Fry. We joined the server together, but I don't think she ever expected us leaving together. Irony; it's everywhere.

My heart rate has slowed down, and now I'm just depressed. Kudos to Dark for paying 150+ a month for this server. 3+ years is a long server run-time.

Don't call, though.

Seriously, don't call.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:47 pm 

That's terrible, Dark! It's a nightmare when funds disappear unexpectedly.

Echoing hotdogall and zrh here -- that news hit really hard. Affamu and I are definitely willing to contribute to keep Resdayn going. This is the only server we play on, and though I'm still fairly new I was really having a great time getting to know everyone. I was even writing a long post consolidating a lot of ideas that had been discussed, to get people thinking about options for when we restarted, and I already had a couple other builds planned that I was hoping to get done.

My old work server kept a list of people who were willing to contribute, and collected once a year based on how many that was (each person paid less the more people who agreed). Even if we can't scrape together 30/mo between us all, maybe there's a workable hosting solution available for less? I don't really know enough about what's needed to judge, but my first search result was MCPro, and they seem to charge 7.49/mo for 20 players and let you upgrade/downgrade any time.

Regardless of what happens, thank you Dark, for hosting the best MC server!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:17 am 

Dark doesn't seem to have posted it here, but the server is back up, albeit temporarily without plugins.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:11 am 

It's a Christmas Miracle!

Don't call, though.

Seriously, don't call.