It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The best Minecraft server +Q's
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:51 am 

Yes, this really is - I know, it's been months and months, I've not been too well, and I've so wanted to get back into Minecraft, watching various YouTubers play.......well it's not the same! It's great, it passes the time, but it's not the same!

I even had a wander round a few other servers, holy buckets! No, no, and hell no, and just, well no! Seriously, Minecraft's best kept secret is this place! Let's just say it was a bit of an eye opener!

So........what's happened? What's new? Where are people? Who's old, who's new? Where's the council? Is there a Mayor? Newspapers? Yes, I'm sorry, I am so out of date!

.....I also assume it's a congratulations on a graduation? Or is that yet to come? Yes, I'm obviously referring to the almighty darkelfguy here :)

Oh..........seriously dude, after reading another post - I hope your box on 4 wheels isn't that bad! lol Great post by the way, shame the OP edited the original!

Thanks, thank you, hi & hello!

Server's running great by the way, no lag, no bugs, unless there is that enchanting one I mentioned in a previous post!

Such a great place this is!

Cheers

T

Post subject: Re: The best Minecraft server +Q's
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:24 pm 

Hey Acent, good to see you around again! :) I hope you're doing better, I know you've been a little sick for a long while now.

Haha, well I'm glad you like this server so well! Things have been a little slow recently, mostly my fault for not promoting the server more actively and doing advertisements. The whole council and newspaper thing fell apart, partly due to people not having the time for it, and partly because I couldn't keep up with 800 word once-every-two-days newspapers and keep working on all of my other projects at the same time. So many things to do, and so few hours in the day...

Speaking of, my main preoccupation these days is a new YouTube series for Morrowind. I've been slowly learning the ropes of proper video editing and I think I might be ready to make a new server trailer for Kingdoms of Resdayn soon to replace the old crappy one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsNAn5VYlTk

We've gotten a fair number of new players dropping in here and there, but a lot of old players aren't around as much. Hawk and Capt are still around, of course, as is Keivia and Shaidon, so plenty of the older folks are here still.

Oh aye, I've graduated with my Bachelor's in Computer Science, thanks!

Ah well, I don't use my car much, partially because I don't like cars. I'd much rather use a bike than a car to get around, more exercise and much cheaper.

Good to hear the server isn't running into problems! We had a ton of issues a month or two back from the 1.7 updates, and we're still working on getting a few plugins back online from that.

Anyway, glad to have you back! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 am 

Hi

Love the video! That is a very English sounding Midwestern accent you have there :) It's awesome!

Huge congratulations on your graduation.............any plans? A move to Austin? Ubisoft, Twitch, Twitter, Google, YouTube? Kickstarter for new Indie Game Label? :) :) The world is yours...........seriously, congratulations and I hope it opens many new doors and opportunities for you :)

I did read and hear lots of servers having 1.7 issues, and yet 1.8 is just around the corner, more server OP's will be hopping mad! (the pun goes with the bunny update).

Who put only 24hours in a day eh? Also, this sleep thing, really gets in the way! You just take it easy and don't bite off more than you can chew, trust me, the server is pretty fab, again, you've done an awesome job at keeping it going through everything!

......as for me, really glad to be back playing, and yeah, still a little sick (understatment there) but hey, I can use a mouse and play Minecraft - there's progress lol

See you around - all the best :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:49 pm 

Thanks and thanks! Don't really have any plans at the moment, other than working on any of a dozen different projects in a dozen different diverging directions, but I get the feeling I can't keep that up for too much longer.

Oh dear, 1.8, I shudder to even think of what all will crash and burn from that update...

Indeed, how I wish for a 36 hour day And sleep tis annoying indeed, that and eating, really wish I could just find some sort of iv nutrient tube I could hook up somewhere, that would make things easier.

It's good to see people like you back on the server, and I do hope you continue feeling better, being so sick as to not use a computer is a dreadful thought. I mean, is there actually life without computers? :P

See you on the server!