It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Player progress being reset each login
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:52 pm 

Hi guys...I'm having some trouble on the server. Yesterday I was online with BladerDildo, and I lagged out of the server with a Timed Out error. When I logged back in, I found that I had lost about 15-20 mins progress and was back at my base, while I had been in the nether when the disconnect occurred.

Now I'm finding that every time I log in, I am put back in that same spot. With each login my inventory is reset to what I was carrying at the time, and my achievements are reset - but any changes I make to the world are persistent.

I've cleared my inventory and the contents of my Ender Chest into a dump chest at my base, so I'm hoping there's a way to delete/reset my player progress so I can keep playing normally. If anyone has any ideas, let me know? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Player progress being reset each login
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:06 pm 

A little research into the subject has given me this - probably only something Dark can do, but seems like the easiest solution.

"If you remove the files in the world\players and world\stats folder, the server will forget that they were there. Files bear the user name of the player, so you can delete selectively."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:30 pm 

Huh...looks like sleeping in my bed remedied the situation temporarily, but it has come back again after logging back in at another time.

I've emptied my inventory and ender chest again...I'm going to stay off the server until my files can be cleared.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:37 am 

This is also happening to me; it started last night when I experienced a java crash and was set back about 30 minutes. Every time I crashed after that, I was reset to the same point (same inventory, same location). I put my Ender Chest items in a regular chest for safety, figuring the player file might have to be deleted.

I'm having a difficult time deciding whether to stay off of the server entirely; it seems like if I always put items in regular chests before logging out it should be safe, and while staying off seemed like a good idea yesterday when I was too tired to play, it's late now, I'm bored, and the villagers won't breed themselves! ;p