It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Server down or Maintenance?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:42 pm 

Caroigne ur in a corrupted chunk. Might want to avoid logging in.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:56 pm 

Yes, I am aware of that. The last time Dark started the server back up, he told me to try logging in to see if it had been fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:54 am 

Server is back online, and good grief was that all a massive headache....

Alright so first off, corrupted chunks have been fixed. That said, there's still a bunch of incorrectly located chunks in the region near the end of the major railhub going out of Spawn. The good news there is that these aren't holes in the world, and you can safely traverse across them without getting stuck or causing server crashes. The bad news is that they still look weird, and I would like to fix them somehow at some point, but since it's taken over a week and a half to get the current issues ironed out, I think I'll wait a little while before I start in on less threatening problems.

In any event, we still have a major issue in regards to plugins, as it appears only MCMMO is working right now. LogBlock isn't responding and the less said about the Essentials incident the better. This is going to take some trial and error to restore plugin services, so in the meantime most whitelisting privileges will be suspended. We can't have admins monitoring everyone's moves 24/7, and since we can't have a grief detection plugin yet either, this is the best way to ensure everyone is moderately safe until we rig up a new solution.

That said, I would like to apologize for the agonizingly slow trial and error process this past week. MCEdit, my first choice for fixing the corrupted chunks, didn't work at all, and Minecraft Region Fixer apparently didn't work right the first time, and it wasn't until the second time that I got everything working correctly. All of this was further hampered by the fact that, living on a 20gb a month bandwidth limitation, I can only upload or download major files during a period of time between 2am-8am during "bonus byte" time (as HughesNet calls it, good grief do they suck). So this entire trial and error process took multiple days because it takes one night to download the server files + another night to upload them back again. All in all, not a great situation, and also why I'm not so eager to get nitpicky with the chunks in the wrong location.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:21 am 

Thanks Dark. Glad its back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:23 pm 

yay cant access it the server hope it can be fixed good luck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:37 pm 

Server is down again. Just letting you know.