It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Massive Griefing/Theft
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:56 am 

So the nice cube Shaidon made me has been destroyed. The barrier blocks are gone (though the area is still hollowed out; it didn't just revert) and everything inside was taken, too.

Post subject: Re: Massive Griefing/Theft
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:43 am 

I'm not sure who did it, and how. I mean isn't it impossible to break barrier blocks? All I know is that on the sign next to it, it said try to get in and tell me how you did it. So I wouldn't really call it a theft considering Shaidion asked for people to break into it. Although, somehow they got through...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:03 pm 

...That's Shaidon's cube. His is still there.

Mine was the nice decorated one by my house, and it definitely did not have signs telling anyone to try and get in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 pm 

Ah, misunderstanding. Still... how did they get in?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:43 pm 

How did they get into mine? I don't know whether they even did get in - they destroyed the barrier blocks. And the command block in the center. I don't know how. And yes, that might mean it was an admin. I don't like to make assumptions like that, but I do have a hard time coming up with an alternative idea, other than a hacker. ;/ It's kinda nuts anyway; all I have done so far on this world is generate iron for other people - I haven't even built myself a house. I don't really know why somebody would grief me, it's weird. Maybe people hate free iron.

How did someone get into Shaidon's? That's not necessarily the kind of knowledge I like sharing, but it's easy enough to figure out if you know about/look up various Minecraft tricks. Shaidon wanted people to try and get in to see if it was feasible. It is (and that's sad, because it sucks to have loopholes in awesome ideas), but the method used doesn't and can't remove barrier blocks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:41 pm 

Oh, um... I may know quite a lot about this actually...
So I was at spawn when TKmebrah came up to me and asked me for help breaking into barrier blocks; he said that Shaidon wanted to see if people could break into them and if we helped him he would let my friend and I keep 50%. Sure enough there was a sign backing up what he said, he took me to a cube that had a trophy symbol on it. My friend (who shall not be named) and I thought it was legit not only for the reasons stated above but also because who else would have access to barrier blocks but an admin... Anyways we managed to get in, but it was late and I didn't feel like going through and dividing everything between us, so we decided to move it and sort it out in the morning. I'm sorry for my foolishness I should of checked with a more credible source before attempting to break in. The stuff is still there I can get if for you when the server goes back up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:07 pm 

I was confused about the prize, and assumed it was the box full of stuff (since shadion's box was invisible.. unless you hovered over it). I never got it, as Axon explained. Partly my fault... sorry for what happened.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:44 pm 

...Good lord.

Not noticing the fact that there's a barrier block cube with bedrock in the corners of it (the bedrock is not invisible) right above the sign seems reasonably likely.

I can see how it happened to start with, but I would really think some red flags would start to make it seem "off," like:
There was a crafting table and an anvil set up.
A lot of the chests were empty.
A lot of the chests had nigh-useless or random things, like logs, sugar cane, sand, and crafting tables.
Some of the items had low durability.
At least two of the items are named, with Zyrax's name on them.

At that point I would think you might wonder, and then notice that there's a cube above Shaidon's signs, with a sign in the middle of it saying that someone did in fact get in.

For that matter, how did the barrier blocks end up getting destroyed, as well as the command block in the center with the button on it which was the exit door?

Regardless, yes I would definitely like my things back, thanks. It seems really odd that this could happen accidentally, but I've missed some pretty blatant things in my time, so yeah, apology accepted. Though I was pretty freaked out and am still fairly confused. ;p

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:27 pm 

Just dropping in here to say everything's great now. Thanks everybody for being awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:21 pm 

Wait, what? The griefing is fixed now? I never got around to investigating that, since while I was on my way to check it out, I ran into that whole corrupted chunks cause crashes thing. Is everything back in place?